International Litigation and Arbitration Practice
If a dispute should be resolved in accordance with national substantive law, a company needs assistance from lawyers who are highly qualified in Russian law as well as in domestic and international arbitration. Pepeliaev Group’s lawyers have the in-depth knowledge and experience to provide comprehensive professional legal support.
We work closely with foreign partners in those cases when the contractual relationships of the parties are governed by;
- foreign substantive law, but the proceedings take place is Russia,
- or, on the other hand, when a dispute is to be resolved abroad based on the provisions of Russian law.
The practice’s team is experienced in conducting cases in such famous arbitration centres, as:
- the International Commercial Arbitration Court at the International Chamber of Commerce and Industry,
- the London Court of International Arbitration,
- the Arbitration Institute of the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce,
- the International Commercial Arbitration Court at the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation, and
- the Arbitration at the Moscow Chamber of Commerce and Industry,
as well as major arbitral tribunals, in particular, in the Arbitral Tribunal at the Russian Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs.
Lawyers of the Practice represent clients in ad hoc arbitration, applying both Russian and foreign substantive law.
- Protecting clients when disputes are considered in Russian arbitral tribunals and international commercial arbitration courts in Russia as well as abroad (institutional arbitration and ad hoc arbitration).
- Providing legal support in court proceedings in Russian and foreign state courts, and in international commercial arbitration proceedings in Russian and foreign jurisdictions, where the provisions of Russian and foreign substantive law are being applied.
- Having awards of Russian state courts and arbitral awards made in Russia recognised and enforced in foreign jurisdictions, as well as having foreign court decisions and arbitral awards recognised and enforced in Russia.
- Advising clients on agreeing, in contractual relationships, on dispute resolution procedures and the choice of applicable substantive law.