Pepeliaev Group is pleased to invite you to the seminar "All facets of relationships of parties to a construction contractor agreement", which will be held on 29 March 2019 in St. Petersburg.
The event is dedicated to the intricacies of relationships between developers and contractors, including in the event of any conflicts between them. Our experts will speak about the common mistakes made when a contractor agreement is concluded and the specific aspects of terminating agreements. They will dwell on most outstanding and illustrative examples from the firm’s litigated cases, including on the use of an expert examination during court proceedings.
With a growing number of bankruptcy lawsuits, both against developers and against contractors, special attention will be paid to effective instruments used to mitigate risks under bankruptcy procedures.
1. The consequences of early termination of a contractor agreement:
- The legal significance of the reasons for terminating the agreement;
- Payment for partially performed work: subtleties of legislation and court practice;
- Delivery of a work-in-progress to the construction manager.
2. How to set up relations with the contractor and avoid the trap:
- wordings and performance of a contractor agreement;
- counter obligations, fault and delay on the part of the construction manager;
- formalising the acceptance of work performed;
- ways to ensure compliance with obligations on the part of the developer.
3. New possibilities of protecting construction participants in bankruptcy cases:
- Relevant changes in legislation concerning the bankruptcy of developers;
- Contesting a lien;
- Combating abuse in bankruptcy cases;
- An analysis of most challenging litigated cases.
- Elena Krestyantseva, Head of the Land Law, Real Estate and Construction Practice, Pepeliaev Group
- Leonid Barkov, Senior Associate, Bankruptcy and Anti-Crisis Protection of Business Practice, Pepeliaev Group
- Alexandra Grischenkova, Associate, Land Law, Real Estate and Construction Practice, Pepeliaev Group
Date and time: 29 March 2019, 10:00 am– 1:30 pm (registration starts at 9:30 am)
Venue: Hotel Vedensky, Alexander Blok Conference Hall, 37 Bolshoy Prospekt (Petrograd Side), St Petersburg
The event is free of charge. It is closed to legal advisers and lawyers in private legal practice.