Pepeliaev Group invites you to take part in a seminar:
Currency legislation: how no to violate it by accident?
Significant amendments have recently been introduced in the area of currency regulation and currency control. These have prompted a whole host of questions from companies whose business involves consummating currency transactions and drafting currency control documents.
Ivan Khamenushko, a recognised expert in currency regulation and a senior partner at Pepeliaev Group, will dwell on the most pressing issues of currency regulation and currency control. He will offer practical recommendations based on his more than 20 years of experience to enable participants to prevent a violation of foreign currency legislation and, therefore, to mitigate the risks of having penalties imposed by currency control authorities.
1. Currency regulation and currency control: how does it work?
- Goals and objectives of currency regulation: actual and pretend.
- Currency transactions: why does the law treat them differently?
- The four-square rule and the triangle rule.
2. Penalties and risks: legal aspects and a case law analysis.
- Measures of legal liability.
- An analysis of cases under article 15.25 of the Code of Administrative Offences.
- Summing up: offset, cession and other nightmares of parties to currency transactions.
3. Internal control: the only way to mitigate the risks.
- The concept of due diligence.
- An internal control system.
- Terms and conditions of contracts.
Date: 17 April 2019
Venue: Moscow Hall, Azimut Hotel, 41 Lermontovsky Prospekt, St Petersburg
Time: from 12 pm until 2 pm.
Participation fee: RUB 10,000 including 20% VAT. It is possible to pay after the seminar.
The seminar is closed to legal advisers and lawyers in private legal practice.