Real estate and construction
Pepeliaev Group's lawyers offer the full package of legal services to both professional players on the real estate market and companies in other industries that need advice on land, real estate and construction issues. Our firm was one of the first in Russia to offer services that involve providing support in transactions with land, meaning that we now have proven, practical techniques at our disposal. At the root of these is our in-depth understanding of the legal realities in Russia.
We have substantially broadened the geographical scope of our services, providing support on projects in 34 prominent industrial and agricultural centres across Russia. Pepeliaev Group’s lawyers have been actively involved in drafting legislative amendments and preparing them for adoption. The items of legislation in question were the Land Code of the Russian Federation and the Law on Transactions with Agricultural Land.
The practice has been recommended by the ratings of the key international legal directories, including The Legal 500, Chambers and Partners, and others.
1. Real estate transactions
- Structuring real estate sale and purchase transactions
- Acquisition of title to land plots from state and municipal ownership
- Due diligence on the buyer's or seller's side; drafting recommendations for mitigating risks
- Registration of titles to real properties and real estate transactions
- Support for lease transactions
- Representing clients in court disputes relating to leases
3. Development and construction. Investment projects
- Legal support during the implementation of greenfield and brownfield construction projects
- Structuring development projects
- Legal support when agreements are being negotiated and entered into (general contractor agreements, construction management agreements, general designer agreements and others)
- Legal support during construction and connection to utilities
- Defending developers and investors before state authorities, obtaining benefits
- Providing support for public-private partnership projects (including entering into concession agreements)
4. Mineral resource use. Oil and Gas
- Legal support for upstream projects (including under production sharing agreements (PSAs))
- Due diligence of acquired assets
- Support for licensing and other issues