Pepeliaev Group invites you to take part in the session of the Compliance Club, a leading expert outlet for discussing current trends and development prospects in anticorruption and other types of compliance.
The session of the Club will take place on 20 January 2020 at 5 p.m. and will focus on the following issue: Tax compliance as an effective tool for preventing corporate tax risks.
Topics to discuss:
- Legal issues pertaining to the clarity of tax legislation. Methodology for handling legal sources which determine the tax consequences of transactions. The role of court practice and changes in it, and the explanations of the Ministry of Finance and the Federal Tax Service. The BEPS Plan.
- Basic forms of tax compliance in current activities (before the tax audits are carried out). Tax monitoring. Cross-border accounting. Pricing agreements.
- Performance of tax audits. Risk criteria when an audit has been scheduled. Aspects of individual tax control procedures and the international exchange of tax information. Taking stock of audits, filing objections and appealing against the decisions of the tax authorities.
- Tax reclassification and the disqualification of transactions. Business purpose of a transaction (operation). Transactions with counterparties in offshore zones.
- A refusal to grant a tax benefit when inconsistencies are identified in the status of counterparties. Subsidiary liability in relation to companies’ tax debts.
- Aspects of criminal liability for violating tax legislation.
Speakers at the discussion:
- Sergey Savseris, Ph.D. in Law, Senior Partner, Head of Tax Practice at Pepeliaev Group
- Vadim Zaripov, Head of Pepeliaev Group's Analytical Department
- Alexey Ryabov, Ph.D. in Law, Head of the Expert and Legal Centre of the Russian Presidential Commissioner for Entrepreneurs' Rights.
- Invited speakers also include experts from the Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration and from the Russian Foreign Trade Academy of the Ministry of Economic Development of the Russian Federation, as well as representatives of regulatory bodies and major Russian companies.
Moderator of the session
- Dina V. Krylova, Head of the Project and Educational Laboratory for Anti-Corruption Policy of the National Research University Higher School of Economics and Social Ombudsman for the Protection of the Rights of Entrepreneurs in the Area of Combating Corruption, Expert of the Council of Europe.
Date: 20 January 2020
Starts at: 5 p.m. (registration and mini-buffet from 4.30 p.m.)
Venue: Bld. 1, 39 3rd Tverskaya-Yamskaya St, Moscow
Dress code: business best
RSVP: Elena V. Klimovskaya, email@example.com , +7 (495) 772-9590 *23290
The event is free of charge. It is closed to legal advisers.
REGISTRATION IS CLOSED
Partners of the event
*Compliance Club is an expert platform organised by the Project and Educational Laboratory for Anti-Corruption Policy of the National Research University Higher School of Economics in partnership with Pepeliaev Group and VimpelCom PJSC.