Specialist areaEkaterina specialises in advising clients on: civil law matters; conflicts of laws issues; the resolution of disputes in state courts, before arbitral tribunals and in international arbitration proceedings; and the recognition and enforcement of the judgments and awards of foreign courts and arbitral tribunals.
She has more than ten years’ experience of litigating various categories of disputes for clients, and representing clients at the pre-trial stage of resolving conflicts.
Main achievementsEkaterina's professional experience includes defending both Russian and foreign clients in more than 300 cases.
- successfully represented a Russian poultry company, which is part of a major Russian agricultural holding, in the Arbitration Court of the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce in a dispute with a foreign counterparty in relation to debt being collected and losses recovered under a supply agreement;
- represented a Russian company, a major global producer of fertilisers, in the International Commercial Arbitration Court at the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation in a dispute with an international agent over the collection of debt under a contractor agreement; the counterparty’s claim was partially satisfied, but we managed to save a substantial amount for the client;
- successfully represented a Japanese company, a leader in information and communication technology, in the International Commercial Arbitration Court at the Russian Chamber of Commerce and Industry in a dispute concerning the recovery of debt under a supply contract;
- successfully represented a Russian law telecommunication company in the International Commercial Arbitration Court at the Chamber of Chamber of Trade and Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation in a dispute with a counterparty under a contract for services under German law; and
- successfully represented a Russian supplier of construction materials in the International Commercial Arbitration Court at the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation in a dispute with a foreign counterparty.
What they say
Clients describe as Ekaterina Lebedeva is a good lawyer. While working with her she was very responsible and was always ready to represent our case. (IFLR1000).