Effective teams are formed from the experts of Pepeliaev Group’s various practice areas and industry-related groups, including, among others, our customs, tax, corporate and environmental teams, depending on the specific nature of the projects and the demands of a particular client. In this way, we provide full-fledged legal support and apply our lawyers' experience and expertise in addressing the most complicated business tasks.
- Our lawyers offer legal assistance regarding various customs issues concerning the conveyance of sea vessels that are used for international and domestic shipments of goods across customs borders. This includes customs clearance in compliance with the requirements of border control, the Commodity Classification for Foreign Trade, and, specifically, supplemental equipment installed on a vessel. We also help our clients in assessing customs value, including, among other things, when demurrage or an obligation to pay customs duties on the value of maintenance and repairs arises under various circumstances.
- We advise our clients on the structuring of business models and contractual relationships (bareboat charter, time charter, etc.) involving the acquisition and subsequent operation of vessels, the choice of flag (nationality) of a vessel. In doing so, we take into account the customs benefits and simplified regimes our client may apply depending on the type of vessel and its purposes, as well as potential customs risks.
- Our lawyers provide legal assistance on various tax issues relating to shipments, freight of vessels and other shipping related services.
- We provide legal support for projects when onshore and offshore infrastructure is constructed/acquired, including when artificial islands, structures and facilities that are located in the Russian exclusive economic zone acquire the status of a customs territory, and when goods are conveyed between such islands, structures and facilities and the mainland.
- We provide legal support when vessels and sale and purchase transactions are registered.
- We represent our clients in courts.
- Our lawyers are involved in legislative drafting.