Legal support of projects in the sphere of culture and art
In view of the recent trends in the modern art market, such as:
- the globalisation of the market, greater trading in valuable cultural property, enhanced international collaboration in the sphere of art;
- new forms of exhibiting and selling art, and the digitalisation of the art market;
- closer attention to the art market on the part of state authorities; the development of legislation regulating the art market, players in the art market inevitably find themselves in need of qualified legal support.
Among our clients are:
- private and corporate collectors;
- art galleries, state and private museums, foundations and other cultural institutions;
- auction houses;
- organisers of exhibitions;
- creators of artwork and their heirs;
- representatives of associated cultures: the music and film industries, etc.
- legal support of transactions with works of art;
- defence in court cases involving the turnover of works of art and rights to them;
- legal support for exhibitions;
- drafting agreements for the use of the works of art (licence, exhibition and others);
- preparing agreements on the interaction of authors with galleries, art dealers, publishers, auction houses;
- advising on the legal issues connected with the use of the modern digital technologies in the sphere of art;
- protecting rights of creators of artwork;
- advising on importing and exporting valuable cultural property, on customs issues and payments;
- advising on tax matters connected with acquiring and selling works of art;
- assisting in collaboration with law enforcement authorities during investigations with respect to works of art being stolen or fake items being sold;
- assisting in collaboration with societies that perform collective management of the rights to artworks;
- providing comprehensive legal support to museums, art galleries, theatre and concert halls.