Criminal law defence of business
The broad horizons of our attorneys in Russian criminal law, allied with their extensive practical experience, allow them to successfully solve complex and non-standard problems when we represent and defend the shareholders, executives and employees of clients in the context of a criminal trial (avoiding or minimising any risk of criminal liability).
Pepeliaev Group’s lawyers help clients in solving specific business tasks:
- to prevent the destruction of a business as a result of criminal prosecution, in particular when investigative bodies have used prohibited methods of investigation, possible abusive practices, and illegal and excessive coercion;
- to prevent competitors from using criminal procedure to gain access to the client’s confidential information;
- to maintain a business-friendly environment among the staff members during state control and coercive procedures, to minimise the risks of panic among the staff caused by these procedures;
- to prevent additional “extra-procedural” costs from growing owing to intimidation, threats and blackmail, which some malevolent officials use.
Legal support for criminal law and criminal procedure law issues
- giving advice
- assessing and mitigating risks
- examining the conduct of law enforcement authorities
- contesting acts or omissions of law enforcement bodies
- defending clients before law enforcement authorities and in courts of general jurisdiction
- appealing court decisions to higher courts
- reviewing and summarising the practice of applying criminal and criminal procedural legislation