What he specialises inSergey Pepeliaev has over 30 years' hands-on experience of dealing with corporate and personal taxation issues. He has resolved countless challenging situations involving investments and court proceedings.
His main achievements
- Over the last several years, our firm's lawyers, under Mr Pepeliaev’s guidance, have helped our clients to save more than USD 8 billion thanks to having successfully settled tax disputes both through court proceedings and out of court;
- Mr Pepeliaev has been invited to take part in drafting laws, most notably, the Russian Tax Code, the Law on the Olympic Games, and legislation on transfer pricing, among others;
- The Constitutional Court also invites him to express his expert opinion on a number of cases;
- In 2013 Mr Pepeliaev was elected to the Board of the Federal Chamber of Attorneys. He is also a member of the Board of the Moscow Region Chamber of Attorneys;
- The Federal Chamber of Attorneys has awarded to him the medal 'For outstanding protection of civil rights and freedoms' and the silver F. Plevako medal as well as other awards.
What they sayHeaded by Sergey Pepeliaev, the firm has, for over 10 years, been acknowledged the leading Russian law firm by independent rating agencies and publications. He is a member of the Council for the Development of the Arbitration Process.
Various sources refer to Mr. Pepeliaev as “the father of Russian tax law”. The international directory Chambers Europe praised Mr Pepeliaev as “the leader setting development trends on the market and playing an active role in developing solutions for clients”.