What she specialises in
Natalia has vast experience in cross-border commercial and corporate transactions in maritime, transportation and employment law, as well as in civil and international litigation; she has a track record in legal professional practice of about 30 years. She has personally participated in providing legal support for major transactions in the Far East of Russia. She is the Honorary Consul of the Republic of Chile in Vladivostok. Her consular jurisdiction extends to Primorye, Kamchatka and Khabarovsk Territories, as well as to Sakhalin and Amur Regions.
Her main achievements
Natalia's most significant projects include:
- provided legal support in a project of a South Korean state company which was unique in the Far East of Russia. The project involved creating an industrial park for Korean-Russian economic cooperation in the Nadezhdinskaya advanced special economic zone in Primorye Territory;
- represented major Indian investors in the Far East of Russia with regard to such issues as: the registration of legal entities, obtaining the status of a resident of the Free Port of Vladivostok, and providing legal assistance for the day-to-day operations of companies;
- provided legal support for projects of a globally renowned Cambodian company, one of the largest investors in the gambling business in Primorye Territory;
- provided comprehensive legal support for a major oil company in the implementation of a project relating to the production of oil and gas;
- provided legal support to contractors and subcontractors of major oil and gas companies under the Sakhalin oil and gas projects;
- successfully represented major Japanese companies in state commercial courts in a case concerning a debt being collected from a Russian counterparty, which included having provisional injunctive measures applied, as well as in relation to office premises being leased; and
- provided legal assistance to a major Korean ship-building company during the registration of its subsidiary and in its operations.
Natalia is a Professor of the International Public and Private Law Chair of the Far Eastern Federal University School of Law; she is the deputy chair of the Council of Primorye regional office of the All-Russian Non-governmental Organisation Association of Lawyers of Russia for international relations, and is an expert of the Business Ombudsman in Primorye Territory.
She is a member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (MCIArb); an arbitrator of the Far Eastern Branch of the Arbitration Centre at the Russian Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs, of the Russian Arbitration Center at the Russian Institute of Modern Arbitration, of the Harbin Arbitration Commission (People’s Republic of China), of the Xiamen Arbitration Commission (People’s Republic of China), of the Qingdao Arbitration Commission (People’s Republic of China), of the Guangzhou Arbitration Commission (People’s Republic of China), of the Xi’an Arbitration Commission (People’s Republic of China), of the Asian International Arbitration Centre (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia), and of the Caspian Arbitration Society (Geneva, Switzerland). She is a certified mediator of the International Commercial Mediation Centre operating under the auspices of the One Belt One Road initiative (Beijing, People's Republic of China); a special invited mediator for international commercial disputes at the Intermediate People's Court of Qingdao Municipality, Shandong Province (People’s Republic of China); a certified mediator of the Korea International Mediation Centre (Republic of Korea) and a vice-president for resolving international disputes at the Association of Mediators and Intermediaries of the Asia-Pacific region.
Natalia is one of the few in Russia to be a Commander of the national Bernardo O’Higgins Order “for outstanding merits in fostering and deepening consular and cultural connections to enhance relations between Chile and Russia”.
Natalia is mentioned in individual rankings of Pravo-300, 2022 in Corporate / M&A (mid-market) category.
What they say
Clients value the team for its clear and client-oriented communication (Chambers Europe).