Data protection is a dynamically developing area within Pepeliaev Group, which is conditioned by:
- the ongoing development of legislation relating to the treatment of confidential information,
- a growing demand for high-skilled legal support and protection of business interests in the area of processing sensitive information, and
- the accumulated experience and unified approaches of experts from different practices.
We offer both integral legal services and IT support from our experts.
Our experts’ practicable recommendations are based on their experience of handling litigations and interacting with state authorities.
«The team is proactive and was able to address the problem we had from a new angle”
The Chambers Europe, 2015
Key areas of the Group's activity
- Advising on compliance with the requirements of data protection legislation
- Conducting comprehensive audits to check whether the implemented organisational and technical measures to protect personal data comply with legislation
- Providing support for administrative proceedings and defending clients in lawsuits relating to administrative offences
- Providing court representation for clients in disputes relating to the processing of personal data and the disclosure of confidential information
- Assisting clients in obtaining licences and complying with the licence requirements
- Advising on how to maintain the non-disclosure regime in relation to state secrets
- Compiling the documents and procedures necessary for a commercial confidentiality regime to be introduced
- Advising on how to apply and comply with legislation relating to insider information
- Advising on how to organise the document flow and store information
- Providing a legal expert review of IT solutions; providing advice of IT specialists in the area of information technology