What she specialises in
Ksenia specialises in tax law and advises major Russian and foreign companies on a broad range of issues relating to taxation. These include, among others: tax planning; transfer pricing; assessing tax risks and the potential of different business models in the construction, production, retail and other sectors; conducting due diligence of the actions and decisions of tax authorities; participating in tax litigation; and providing support in tax audits.
Ksenia has extensive experience of successfully handling various types of tax litigation, including transfer pricing among others, in the commercial courts of different federal circuits.
Ksenia has more than 15 years of professional experience, and she has an economics degree majoring in Finance and Credit. Ksenia is the author and co-author of numerous articles on tax law, and is an active speaker at seminars and conferences on various information sites. She has frequently been involved in preparing draft laws designed to improve tax legislation.
Her main achievements
Ksenia’s recent successful projects include, among others:
- challenging in court taxes that had been additionally assessed for a company specialising in transporting oil cargoes, as a result of which the amount of the tax claims against the company was reduced by 80% or RUB 6.8 billion;
- acting for a company importing pet food, challenging additionally assessed VAT in an amount exceeding RUB 550,000,000, resulting in confirmation that the company has a right to apply a reduced VAT rate when it sells pet food in Russia;
- protecting in court the right of a company to apply a property tax exemption with regard to multi-storey parking;
- challenging additionally assessed VAT on bonuses received by retailers from suppliers;
- providing support in tax audits for a number of major taxpayers, as a result of which the aggregate amount of additionally assessed tax became insignificant or tax authorities' claims were withdrawn at the pre-trial stage, eliminating the need to litigate to protect the clients' interests;
- substantiating the prices in and preparing documents for controlled transactions in transfer pricing projects for companies in different branches of the economy.